thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: German cover of Fool's Errand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whoa
Has anyone else noticed that the German cover for Fool's Errand (in the covers gallery in the wiki) has the EXACT same picture as on the Tad Williams books Dragonbone Chair? (think it was the first book)
No wonder sometimes I can't even work out who the characters on the covers are meant to be, if the covers can be recycled!
Dodgy
Weird that this can happen!
This one? I didn't know it was originally for a Williams book, but I did wonder how it related to the plot. Big Grin
The Russian Royal Assassin (well, one of them, there are several editions) has a piece stolen from GRRM's A Game of Thrones art by Stephen Youll.
Yes that's the one!
I have the Tad Williams book around here somewhere........ it relates to the plot of that book but no, I couldn't see how it could relate to Fool's Errand either! Uhhuh
I think from memory that the person shot with the arrow was actually a hobbit type race?
Gee there's another example too? That red robed woman does look familiar ......

(Mar-10-2010, 11:31 AM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: [ -> ]This one? I didn't know it was originally for a Williams book, but I did wonder how it related to the plot. Big Grin
The Russian Royal Assassin (well, one of them, there are several editions) has a piece stolen from GRRM's A Game of Thrones art by Stephen Youll.
Recycling covers isn't unheard of. There's certainly nothing illegal about it provided the publisher pays whoever owns the rights to the original artwork.
I see, hmmm, interesting.
I didn't think it would be illegal, I just found it odd when there were already covers used for Fool's Errand in other countries that they instead chose to recycle a cover from a completely different book that didn't seem to fit the content.
I guess they had their reasons.

(Mar-14-2010, 08:42 AM (UTC))Manephelien Wrote: [ -> ]Recycling covers isn't unheard of. There's certainly nothing illegal about it provided the publisher pays whoever owns the rights to the original artwork.