thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
I debated whether or not to post this here yet, but since people are going to start asking about it sooner or later anyway, I thought it might be a good idea to do it sooner. This info is from Robin's newsgroup (here) but as those links aren't permanent, don't expect the link to work after a few months (which is another reason I decided to post).

So, the question is - what is Robin writing right now, after the Rain Wild Chronicles? (Since the upcoming anthologies are finished on her part.)
And the answer is
Quote:My current work in progress does not have a set title yet, so I've avoided calling it anything other than The Next Book.

But, here it is March already, and St. Patrick's day even, so I suppose it's time to share a bit more.

I think of it as Dragon Traders, but that is NOT the title, so I hope it won't sweep out into the internet by that name!

It takes place in Kelsingra, and carries on with some characters from The Rain Wilds Chronicles.

There. That's as much as I want to say right now. If I start posting about it and talking about it, I'll talk it flat and it won't be fun to write any more!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Fantastic news!
Awesome! I just finished Dragon Haven last night and I was HOPING we'd get to see more of Kelsingra!

ClappingYayTurnedYayClappingClapping
Man nice work Mervi.
I am excited, though waiting will be painful.

I really really hope that Chade's involved somehow with this. I love his curiosity and his eagerness for knowledge and this sort of thing would be a gold mine... But that's just a fans hope =P

Out of curiosity how long does Robin take to write a book?
Like a year... two? I have no clue!

wiliamjoan

Mervi great news.I love robin hobb,she is my favourite author.I have read almost all of her books 4 to 5 times.I am really excited to read her new book.
(Mar-20-2010, 12:14 PM (UTC))Liquid Ice Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity how long does Robin take to write a book?
Like a year... two? I have no clue!
A year, usually.
anyone have any idea what might happen in the 3rd book
I don't think you should call it the "third book". The story of the Rain Wilds Chronicles has ended, this will be a sequel story.

To hazard a guess, I think it will deal with the building of a new society. The dragon keepers will be joined by others, and they will have to figure out how to live with each other and with the dragons too.
Also, depending on how far ahead in time the story will skip, the duke of Chalced might die in the meantime. Maybe we'll get upheavals in Chalced. Like I said before, I would love to see a book or at least one of the storylines play out in Chalced itself.
Finally, that Sinad Arich guy or a relative of his might be coming after Leftrin...
What I love about Hobbs writing is no matter what I think is going to happen she always surprises me.

But really, when you think about it, there is a huge amount of possible outcomes. It could be as Rex has said, about building up a new society and living with dragons. But also as Rex said who knows how much time will have passed. Everything could be settled, dragons could be thriving and it's just about a sole hero similar to Fitz who must go through making changes. I'd personally love to know more about these "earth quakes" that caused the flooding in Dragon Haven. Like, there general area that they are coming from. (Everyone thinks there volcanoes ya?)

(Mar-31-2010, 08:41 AM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: [ -> ]Also, depending on how far ahead in time the story will skip, the duke of Chalced might die in the meantime. Maybe we'll get upheavals in Chalced. Like I said before, I would love to see a book or at least one of the storylines play out in Chalced itself.

Finally, that Sinad Arich guy or a relative of his might be coming after Leftrin...

Tawny man spoilers.....
////////////////
Was Buckkeep possibly going to war with the Chalceds? I know Bingtown prosed it and they didn't because there was no real benefit. But I thought that they would get back to them our something?
////////////////

Also with Leftrin, I really could see that happening.
Just so you know, there is a spoiler tag you can use.

I hope nobody expected me to use spoiler tags in my last post. I kinda assumed everyone debating in this topic has already read Rain Wilds Chronicles...

If there is one thing that I disliked about Dragon Haven, it is that the whole storyline involving Leftrin being pressured by the Chalcedeans just seemed to fizzle out. Sure, Jess is dead, but that Sinad Arich guy still has a major interest in trying to obtain those dragon parts. Of course, when I read it I didn't know that the story would continue...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34