thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: What movie/s are you watching?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I saw the first two Alien movies recently. I'm not really a big fan of monster movies as they are very likely to be overrun with cliches, but I was very impressed with them. Ridley Scott's was more quiet and suspenseful while Cameron's sequel contained very high levels of badassery, but very well done badassery. Spaceships added more appeal.

I like them so much, in fact, that I am avoiding Alien 3 and Resurrection altogether because I've heard they are very bad and I prefer to be left with my good experiences. Big Grin
Some say they are bad, others say they are good...

These beings like them all...

People seem to have some trouble accepting that there may be more than one version of the xenomorph...
For movie heroine, its hard to find any better than ripley in Alien Resurrection...
I like the Alien movies. Alien vs Predator was also quite amusing (but the second AvP was just horrible).

This looks very intriguing too.
Pinchcliffe Grand Prix / Flåklypa Grand Prix

this movie is highly recommended...

Its a racing car movie unlike all others...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073000/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fl%C3%A5klypa_Grand_Prix

its about 36 years old, so 'thul consider it a classic...
(Original name is "Flåklypa Grand Prix", so it might be easier to get hold of under that name...)
Yeah okay I caved and watched Alien 3 anyway. Can't say I much cared for the contrived circumstances and atmosphere of utter nihilism. From what I've read, the director didn't care much for it either. And how funny the Japanese scientist has to have such bad English. Overall, it wasn't as bad as I feared, but not very good.

I watched Silence of the Lambs, Silkwood and Taxi Driver recently.

What can I say about Lambs that hasn't been said already? Great movie. I want to rewatch it some time later.

Silkwood's pace is a bit too slow for me, but the acting is top notch and the content is just as relevant now as it was before: irresponsible behavior of big corporations, working class enduring terrible conditions and unfairness out of fear of poverty and being unemployed (especially in small towns that depend on big corporations for work and income,) whistle blowers who have a strong case but are brushed aside/sabotaged, etc.

Taxi Driver is great noir. While this is fiction, it was based on real life counterparts and gave me some insight as to the effects of the Vietnam War.
Silence of the lambs is an odd movie.. It has been years since these beings last saw it, but they do recall it.
I enjoyed The Silence of the Lambs as a movie but the novel it was based on, by Thomas Harris (which I'd read before I'd seen the movie), was even better. Book

I'm having thoughts that I've seen Silkwood at one time but can't quite recall it...Meryl Streep, I think?

It's been a while since I've watched a movie...might be time for a Stars Wars marathon movie night!
I remember I had a Star Wars original trilogy marathon once with some friends. We stayed up all night to watch it but by the time we got to Return of the Jedi, we just wanted those Ewoks to burn. Rant

Yep, Meryl Streep was the protagonist in Silkwood.

I watched Terminator tonight. It's kinda funny seeing my former governor as a buffed out, eyebrow shaven, walking piece of destruction.
(Feb-06-2011, 07:40 AM (UTC))redchild Wrote: [ -> ]I remember I had a Star Wars original trilogy marathon once with some friends. We stayed up all night to watch it but by the time we got to Return of the Jedi, we just wanted those Ewoks to burn. Rant
Clapping

Let's not even discuss what we might want to do to Jarbar binks.......

Yeah I liked Silence of the Lambs, geeees I saw that AGES ago
why not? there are so many possibilities...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14