thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(Dec-20-2011, 12:50 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]Dogs are far better. Dogs can be trained to do various jobs. Cats generally cant.

Have you ever seen a watchcat? a narcotics cat? a epilepsy-cat? a bomb-cat? a tom-cat?

But why do we always judge because of the benefit, we get from something Dodgy?
Why can't we just admire and love them for their inner freedom, their beauty, their pride and that they are simply wonderful animals?

That is what you have soft and cuddly turtles for, finella.
(Dec-20-2011, 01:39 PM (UTC))finella Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec-20-2011, 12:50 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]Dogs are far better. Dogs can be trained to do various jobs. Cats generally cant.

Have you ever seen a watchcat? a narcotics cat? a epilepsy-cat? a bomb-cat? a tom-cat?

But why do we always judge because of the benefit, we get from something Dodgy?
Why can't we just admire and love them for their inner freedom, their beauty, their pride and that they are simply wonderful animals?
What Finella said! P I was brought up with cats and I honestly don't think I could imagine not having one in the house. I've never had a dog and although I have nothing against them personally, they are too much like hard work and expensive for my liking. Cats are ideal house pets...and self-cleansing! Wink

They might wash themselves, but they sure do not clean up after themselves. (not that dogs do that either, but...)

Oh, and if you absolutely need a cat, you should go for one of the big cats. they're far easier to keep track of and keep contained. And they can be used to get rid of annoying door-to-door salesmen.
(Dec-20-2011, 04:34 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]That is what you have soft and cuddly turtles for, finella.

"Cuddly Turtles", hm ...YayBig Grin

I love dogs the same. They are completely different, but as lovable as cats. We have three dogs inside and a half wild cat outside, which we also care for. But the best are the pigs. They are a mixture between both, cats and dogs, and also very much like us. They are my favorite Thankful.
If you did not figure it out earlier, Yes, large part of the arguing back is mostly for the fun of it.
We have preferences against cats, but they generally do not go that far beyond that.

Pigs are actually fairly decent, though we think wild boars would be more fun to have as pet.

A pet komodo dragon would also have been nice. (mostly because of size and the latter half of English name)
Although I prefer cats over dogs (due to the fact they're easier to care for, require less of your attention and have attitudes I absolutely adore), I still refuse to have one because they're still too much work even though you don't have to take them outside when they whine. Big Grin

"Well, Val, what kind of pet(s) do you have!?" you might be asking.

The easiest pet in the world to care for. Tarantulas!!

They're my cuddly furry lil babies (although I don't cuddle with the bigger ones, lol). They only need to be fed once every week or two, and there's no taking them outside to, erm, relieve themselves. No cat box, either. P

<3 my lil guys (I have 30 of them)

-click to embiggen-
[attachment=90]

That sounds like excellent pets.
Eeep! I'm none too fond of spiders! Nor snakes or birds come to that! I have a bit of a phobia going on where 'winged' things are concerned and have never liked snakes. Pigs, on the other hand are lovely. Smiling And I couldn't keep any animal that requires caging as it goes against my principles.

So, in a nutshell, animals are great, the exceptions being scaled, winged and many-legged creatures.
so in other words... you don't like dragons.
They're many-legged, scaled & winged.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29