thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
...you visit a wax museum and find yourself feeling like Alise, standing in a room full of lifelike statues in the bowels of Kelsingra, waiting for them to come to life!

...you come across a wooden outdoor setting with the tabletop carved with an eagle, and you instantly want to buy an unmarked one so that you can carve your own charging buck on it...and then start eyeing off your wooden kitchen table instead! P

...you go to a shopping mall with one of your sons and, at the same time, you both say out loud, "You know you're obsessed when..." when you walk past a shop named 'Silk Road'.

...you spend a happy afternoon conditioning every piece of leather you can find, all the while picturing yourself peacefully working alongside Burrich and Fitz in the stables of Buckkeep, or up in Burrich's room. Burrich had it aright...there is something ever so satisfying in bringing leather back from the brink. Smiling
Some pics re the above:

[attachment=126]

[attachment=127]
woodcarving of that sort might be fun.
Are those a Nicole Kidman and Bruce Willis wax sculptures?
either a statue, or he's there. Considering the post did not mention him being there, it is probably the former.
They sure are, Valarya! Smiling The others figures, sitting and standing to the right, are Delta Goodrem and Johnny Depp.

Such a spooky place to be with the figures so lifelike! I couldn't wait to get out of there!! And I wasn't kidding...I believe I'd have experienced the exact feeling that Alise experienced! P
...you meet up with a fellow Hobb reader in Sydney, go for a wander through shops together, come across some quills and think, "You can just see Fitz sitting down to use those, can't you?"

[attachment=128]

...you keep on walking and see some wax seals/stamps and desperately, desperately (!) want one with a charging buck engraving!

[attachment=129]

I have more but, alas, no time!

...you're sat in a Spanish class, discussing the roles of characters in the film your class is studying, and your teacher asks, "And what's the word for a thing or a person which moves the story forward or causes things to change?"

At this point, I leaped out of my seat bellowing "A catalyst! A catalyst!" and then had to do the sit-down-of-shame with everyone gawking at me like I'd grown another head.

I got the right answer though Big Grin
(Jan-14-2013, 08:24 PM (UTC))londonlassie Wrote: [ -> ]I got the right answer though Big Grin

Well, *I'd* have given you an 'A' londonlassie...and extra credit! Big Grin Clapping

...you are so very busy but somehow find yourself on a Random House Australia website making your own Brotherband (youth book series by Aussie author John Flanagan) coat of arms...and end up with this from all of the drop-down choices you have:

http://www.brotherband.com.au/#gallery/181

Buck blue, battleaxes, a wolf, assassin potions and the motto 'Berserker by birth'. P

Oh my. 22 Blushing
Not the first coat of arms these beings would think of for house Farseer, but probably limited by the options available.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29