thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
these beings started reading a few star wars books again, delving into the Dark Nest trilogy. Somewhere in book three now.
(Oct-04-2012, 04:22 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]I am quoting my mid-afternoon Facebook status update from yesterday, re what I'm reading now...

Quote:I have been dealing with a mostly-in-bed day of vomiting & diarrhoea and thirteen chapters of Fifty Shades of Grey. Any guesses for which of the two I'd rather?

I am now up to Chapter Nineteen, and I'd still rather the former...

P
Truly, nothing can be worse than D & V..can it?! Undecided I knew the book was bad, but surely not THAT bad!
I am in Sydney (capital of NSW) but am looking forward to discussing exactly that, fool-ish! I believe that, despite how I feel about it to this point, it certainly still has its place on my and anybody else's bookshelf. I'd not tell somebody *not* to read it. Dodgy That Farseer, she's just *so* wishy-washy... P

Staying a couple of days here and looking to visit some historical spots from our origins/convict days. Will be thinking of you Pommy mates whilst I do that Smiling , as well as thinking about the connections between my/our history and the history of a certain region that some author who I like wrote about.
See, despite my misgivings, I still feel I should give it a go just to see what all the fuss is about. I may yet get further than a glance and a grimace! P
These beings are pondering on what to read next, though they are leaning towards some university books...

maybe one on thorium, or perhaps geology, zoology or the last one on the environment. hard decision.
(Oct-05-2012, 07:27 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: [ -> ]See, despite my misgivings, I still feel I should give it a go just to see what all the fuss is about.

'tis why I jumped into it, and also 'Twilight'. Wink

One sentence ^ , and I had to edit it! *shakes head* *proofreads carefully to prevent edits of edit*

Book 3 (Fire) of the dragon quartet. Very little time for reading these days, unfortunately.
Wraeththu (omnibus edition) by Storm Constantine. An Amazon recommendation based on my other purchases Smiling
(Oct-06-2012, 07:15 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: [ -> ]Book 3 (Fire) of the dragon quartet. Very little time for reading these days, unfortunately.

Lots and LOTS of driving (I have a twenty hour drive ahead of me today and tomorrow and then another six hours Friday and then a drive all the way homke on Sunday) so have been listening to my Ship of Magic audiobook. I love the insights it gives, just listening, but I can never stop and jot down things and so I get on to something else and forget the things I wanted to jot down to come back here and discuss with you! Down Big Grin

I have superficially read so much of LST, despite the fact that my SoM book has fallen apart (!!), so this has been a great way to make me take it all in. I have certainly learned thing or two about a certain pirate that I didn't know before! Pirate

No time for any other reading at the moment... Crying
(Oct-16-2012, 09:58 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct-06-2012, 07:15 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: [ -> ]Book 3 (Fire) of the dragon quartet. Very little time for reading these days, unfortunately.

Lots and LOTS of driving (I have a twenty hour drive ahead of me today and tomorrow and then another six hours Friday and then a drive all the way homke on Sunday) so have been listening to my Ship of Magic audiobook. I love the insights it gives, just listening, but I can never stop and jot down things and so I get on to something else and forget the things I wanted to jot down to come back here and discuss with you! Down Big Grin

I have superficially read so much of LST, despite the fact that my SoM book has fallen apart (!!), so this has been a great way to make me take it all in. I have certainly learned thing or two about a certain pirate that I didn't know before! Pirate

No time for any other reading at the moment... Crying

Do tell what you've learned about a certain pirate when you get the chance Smiling