thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: The Tangle - Photogallery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
I've heard that every house has at least 2000 spiders in it and that without them the house would be unlivable as it would get run over with dust and mold. Smiling
Hehehe I'd be very surprised if we had that many spiders.... BUT in general I like them and if they are the type that spins a web and sits in the corner catching insects I leave them right there Smiling
It's just the ones that like running all over the place (and that are big and hairy) that I relocate outdoors.

On another note, here's a pic of my cats. I found it in the camera and don't remember why I took it - but he looks really freaked out by something off to the side!!

[Image: 31272_1449982530121_1249962217_1236067_2995504_n.jpg]
During Summer Darkness 2008:
[Image: SD2008.jpg]

Scary closeup
[Image: 143920.jpg]
Yay new pics!!
What breed/s of cattle are they Farseer? Certainly not the same as 'ours' (ok the neighbours')
Joost what is 'summer darkness'?
I was going to ask about the cattle too! I have never seen any that looked like these, although I have never visited Australia. Are they a local breed? They look almost as if they have been crossed with Zebus.
(May-14-2010, 04:38 PM (UTC))Nuytsia Wrote: [ -> ]Joost what is 'summer darkness'?
A gothic festival in The Netherlands.
(May-14-2010, 04:48 PM (UTC))maulkin Wrote: [ -> ]They look almost as if they have been crossed with Zebus.

Lost my post the first time...sigh!

I'm impressed, maulkin Clapping ! They are Beefmasters, a breed originating in Southern Texas after Tom Lasater introduced a three-way cross of Brahmans (a Zebu breed), Herefords and Shorthorns in the 1930s.

Nuytsia, I'd be thinking you'd have mostly dairy cattle down your way? I may be wrong!

Love the pics, joost Smiling !
Beefmasters! Nice name - poor things can't have any illusions about where they're going with that name though Uhhuh
I don't think we are really in prime dairy country down here ..... that's more up North (the North also has the super vege growing soil - damn those Yankees!!!!) I think.
We actually seem to have mainly have meat cattle (and sheep) here from what I've seen, hmm let's see what sort.... errr ... I really should have paid more attention at the local Show this year.... I think hereford and angus.... the usual suspects! I'll take a photo tomorrow hehehe.
I doubt anyone in this immediate area is actually making a living from livestock of any sort, it's really more just a bit of additional income and probably meat for their own use. I may be wrong?
The area is probably best known for orchards - yes good old Tassie apples and also cherries and pears etc. A few blueberry farms around too. Lots of kind of diverse things actually, like also weird types of mushrooms, and salmon farms, oh and alpacas for wool (as it's too wet for wool sheep).

(May-14-2010, 06:02 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]
(May-14-2010, 04:48 PM (UTC))maulkin Wrote: [ -> ]They look almost as if they have been crossed with Zebus.

Lost my post the first time...sigh!

I'm impressed, maulkin Clapping ! They are Beefmasters, a breed originating in Southern Texas after Tom Lasater introduced a three-way cross of Brahmans (a Zebu breed), Herefords and Shorthorns in the 1930s.

Nuytsia, I'd be thinking you'd have mostly dairy cattle down your way? I may be wrong!

Love the pics, joost Smiling !
Nuytsia, spiders like that one are the exact reason why I live in a cold climate.

Also, I used to have a pet skink that looked a lot like that. I called him Guntash. (Because he was so fast. No, that isn't supposed to make sense.)

My avatar is me, so here is a picture of my cat instead:

[Image: 19348_309963647867_516127867_4740535_5014610_n.jpg]

and one of a Doomadillo:

[Image: n516127867_1109671_7907.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20