thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: What languages do you speak?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I speak English and Rubbish P
These beings are fluent in norwegian, english and draconic, passable in german and understanding of swedish and some danish, spotty with old norse and latin, as well as decent at gibberish. Unfortunately, the third one is verbal only and not suited for humans, so it cannot easily be taught.
(Aug-20-2012, 11:06 PM (UTC))londonlassie Wrote: [ -> ]Russian, Hungarian, Estonian & Polish: Very basic, I'm trying to teach myself off the internet with varying degrees of success. Blushing

Üdv barátom Smiling

Really nice list of languages.

My native language is Hungarian. Unlucky for me I don't have knack for language and communication.

I have been learning English for long time. My weakness is talking: I don't understand it well enough and my pronunciation is quite awfull: Also the fellow Hungarians burst into laughter when I try Big Grin
I try make it better.. But I'm afraid I don't have the earing for it, something is lost.

I learned German, but I haven't used it for 12 years, and I have forgotten nearly everything.

I have learned a little Latin in the uni, but we skipped the verbs, because they weren't needed for understanding the origin of the veterinary/medical words.

Now I'm trying to getting better in English and sometimes take a German text but I have little patience with it, because I should begin from the base.
(Aug-21-2012, 07:53 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: [ -> ]I speak English and Rubbish P

Clapping

(Aug-22-2012, 10:22 AM (UTC))KekPafrany Wrote: [ -> ]Üdv barátom Smiling

Szia! Big Grin

Your English is good, by the way, KekPafrany!
(Aug-21-2012, 07:53 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: [ -> ]I speak English and Rubbish P

Big Grin

Well, fool-ish and I will both just have to feel inferior in the presence of the rest of you! Thankful

(Aug-22-2012, 12:21 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]

Big Grin

Well, fool-ish and I will both just have to feel inferior in the presence of the rest of you! Thankful
Yep! They tried to teach me French and German at school, but being the rebel that I was, I was having none of it!

well, my languages in order of how good i speak them

Dutch ( since it's my native language)
English ( been learning that for 7 years)
French ( for 7 years as well, but it is less like dutch and just harder)
German (only 2 years, but it's similar to Dutch, though the grammar is quite different. i can only manage simple sentences)
Latin ( 5 years now, but i would not be able to translate properly without a dictionary)
ancient greek ( dropped it 2 years ago and I barely remember anything, but at least i can still read the letters Whistling )
Italian, Spanish Japanese and arabic ( all of them just a few words but i'm trying to expend my vocabulary)

well, ain't i nerdy Big Grin
you don't understand gibberish or any fictional languages?
just a couple of words of (LotR) elvish. Does that count? Angel
if you count just a few words from spanish/japanese/arabic, then these beings would say a few words from tolkien-elvish should count.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7