thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: The to-read pile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
These beings did not react to such extremes to any deaths in the books, but then, these beings react differently from humans to deaths. 'thul are uncertain about the "why".

Death happens. Little to do about it afterwards.
(Jan-10-2012, 12:09 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly the same event (though I have no idea! P ) that had my son wandering around bookless for a couple of days...he couldn't pick it up again until he'd had some time to absorb the shocking loss!

Was he reading A Storm of Swords at the time? If so, then yes, we're probably talking about the same event.

(Jan-10-2012, 08:45 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]These beings did not react to such extremes to any deaths in the books, but then, these beings react differently from humans to deaths. 'thul are uncertain about the "why".

Death happens. Little to do about it afterwards.
Are you a dragon? P

*checks family tree*

hmm.. strange... its all written in some form of runes that look like they were gouged out of rocks using claws...
'thul cannot read them. So no answer is possible.
(Jan-10-2012, 07:14 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]*checks family tree*

hmm.. strange... its all written in some form of runes that look like they were gouged out of rocks using claws...
'thul cannot read them. So no answer is possible.
Oh, what a shame. Wink
Is it common for family trees to be scorched by acid?
(Jan-10-2012, 11:32 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]Is it common for family trees to be scorched by acid?
I suppose so, yeah. Particularly if you're none too fond of a particular branch.

hmm... sounds true...

Now what sort of trees are harder than steel, yet have a scale-like bark?
(Jan-11-2012, 09:36 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]hmm... sounds true...

Now what sort of trees are harder than steel, yet have a scale-like bark?
pass

Not sure why I'm posting this here given that I haven't even had enough time to read the book I have been most looking forward to...! Surrender

Still, after enjoying The Stormlord trilogy (also known as The Watergivers trilogy apparently), I am adding another two of Glenda Larke's trilogies to my pile: The Isles of Glory trilogy and The Mirage Makers trilogy. We Aussies must support Aussie writers if we want to continue to see Aussie writing into the future (our own or the writing of others)! At present, due to low sales in Australia, but huge sales overseas, Glenda can't get her current series published here Down Under. Very sad indeed! Crying
My intention to re-read LST has been thwarted! I've been instructed to read 'The Hunger Games' by my dear daughter as soon as I'm done with ADwD. Anything for a quiet life cos I'll not get a minute's peace if I don't read them. Undecided
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12