thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: What's happening in your world?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the wound actually fell apart a bit after 3-4 attempts by trainees at fixing it... 'thul had to smear some semi-coagulated artificial blood on it to make it look right then...
These beings have noted that going to sleep at around 0600 is a sure way to wreak havoc with the wakefullness of the body.
(Sep-30-2012, 10:20 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep-30-2012, 08:56 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: [ -> ]And then, a week later, 3 days of industrial mayhem at Maschinenfest.
Because I didn't know much about it, I watched a youtube video the other day showing cyber/industrial dancing. It was..different Wink but at the same time quite fascinating and far too energetic for me! I'm more the 'swaying' type P
I don't do 'industrial dancing', I just stand mostly still and enjoy the noise Smiling

Here's a documentary about Maschinenfest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfTGv4k8vA
(Oct-07-2012, 02:12 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep-30-2012, 10:20 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep-30-2012, 08:56 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: [ -> ]And then, a week later, 3 days of industrial mayhem at Maschinenfest.
Because I didn't know much about it, I watched a youtube video the other day showing cyber/industrial dancing. It was..different Wink but at the same time quite fascinating and far too energetic for me! I'm more the 'swaying' type P
I don't do 'industrial dancing', I just stand mostly still and enjoy the noise Smiling

Here's a documentary about Maschinenfest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfTGv4k8vA

Mostly still? A bit of foot tapping goin' on then? P

Looks like a whole lot of energetic fun! I love the fact that 'our scene' kicks right back to the 80s (that's when it all began for me, as a teenager) and still endures to this day. So many music scenes have come and gone since, yet here we are still...mocked, derided and very much misunderstood by many, yes, but cracking on with it, all the same. Smiling
musical taste has been, is and will continue to be a natural resource so far as ridicule goes.
(Oct-07-2012, 04:27 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]musical taste has been, is and will continue to be a natural resource so far as ridicule goes.

Yes, you're quite right. However, there are many who like to say that folk like me should have 'grown out of it' by now. Why? I'm not about to change 25 years of musical preference just because I've reached 'middle age.' Undecided
Musical taste is often something that is irrelevant to age. You'll often find as many middle-aged fans of some music as you'll find youths.
(Oct-07-2012, 07:44 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]Musical taste is often something that is irrelevant to age. You'll often find as many middle-aged fans of some music as you'll find youths.

This is very true. But many of these comments come from people who were into the same 'scene' as I was back in the day, so I don't quite understand their argument. Anyway, regardless, I am what I am and happy to be so P

it doesn't have to make sense. Unfortunately.
My last day (now very well into the night and almost the next day) in Sydney. The highlight was meeting a friend and fellow Aussie from Robin's Newsgroup for the first time. We visited the Women's Convict Barracks with my young daughter and had a lovely chat and lunch together. Very, very special. Clapping

(Oct-07-2012, 02:55 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: [ -> ]I love the fact that 'our scene' kicks right back to the 80s (that's when it all began for me, as a teenager) and still endures to this day.

I read somewhere that fluoro is coming back in! P