thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: What's happening in your world?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The smell of smoke on the wind tonight but a lovely drop of summer rain now that it's nearing 3am. Clapping Thankfully. I'm melting even at this time of the morning! Toohot

Summer, both the bushfire and the wet season...and the bitter and the sweet all in one.

I am up cleaning my schoolroom after a long, busy and productive year...

Sleeping
Very wet and non-too warm here..roll on summer! Undecided
Fool-ish, you could leave out the "very wet" aspect of your post and I'd still assume that it was wet and raining over there! P

Good to see you've not taken to full hibernation! Big Grin
(Nov-26-2012, 03:11 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]Fool-ish, you could leave out the "very wet" aspect of your post and I'd still assume that it was wet and raining over there! P

Good to see you've not taken to full hibernation! Big Grin

Big Grin Well, yes, it is a damp old place for sure! Smiling

I know I've neglected this lovely forum just lately and can offer no other excuse, but life. Things have been far from ideal, but there is some light at the end of the proverbial tunnel now. Perhaps it's even time for another re-read P

These beings have neglected much of the internet recently. Taken a break, so to speak. Not that they have managed to relax that much, but...
Here it is getting dark far to early and winter is promised to really come tomorrow....

So I do have to hurry and go outside as long as there is still some daylight left. Wink
Its a comfortable -2.1 degrees here...

Just the right time for warming stone
Huge bushfire last night so a long night of fire fighting. Toohot

My son is due to have some surgery so jetting off south of the border to Sydney again next week. Not sure how long until he'll be cleared to fly but will try and check in here when I can. Slurp

What sort of surgery?

grafting deer antlers onto his head so he'll be more farseer-like? Or perhaps something less drastic?
I'll pay that! P

He is having a fasciotomy on each of his legs, 'thul beings, to combat long-term Compartment Syndrome. Being thoroughly lazy, I'll leave the rest to your research. Wink Big Grin

It's not so much a lenghty etc operation, it is just that we are isolated and have long flights and drives home that could prove harmful with sitting prone for such long periods post-surgery. Maybe he will be in a wheelchair, maybe he won't, but it will take some time for him to rehabilitate and I'm not looking forward to helping him shift his 103kg, teenage frame around from place to place for the next few months!! Blink

Of course, it has been a long time in coming and it has been awful sitting on the sidelines watching him deal with having to push through excruciating pain for so long. Hopefully this operation will set things aright and he can get to just enjoying life.