thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: What's happening in your world?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't worry, in English speaking countries those people are bloody everywhere!!!! We must be exporting them now.
He wasn't trying to rob you he was just a nut job.
They accost me quite frequently.

(Oct-04-2010, 09:16 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: [ -> ]So I met this guy today on the street. A foreign, well dressed man. He says (In English): "Excuse me."
"Yes?" I reply.
"You are a very lucky person."
"...why?"
"You will have a long and interesting life. You have an interesting forehead." At this point he taps his own forehead with a pen. "It means you think a lot."
And that's when I decide that he is creeping me out and I quickly walk away without saying another word.

Seriously, what did the guy want? I couldn't shake the feeling that he or an accomplice was attempting to rob me...
I'd reply but...I can't...stop...laughing...*gasp*! Big Grin
Hehe something kind of creepy about 'Patience' laying eggs and 'Lacey' following her and eating them.....

Hope you are all recovered from the flu now Mervi!

(Sep-18-2010, 12:10 PM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: [ -> ]In other news, it turns out that Patience (the fish) is after all a female. She's been laying eggs for about an hour today. Lacey follows her and eats them all. I thought they were both males, but am not so sure anymore.
Yup, thanks, I'm all good. There's a gorgeous sunset behind my window and I had a fun weekend with my friends from the Tolkien forum - and I came back just in time to discover the TOC of the Inheritance. Life's good! Smiling

I think they're practicing. The last pair of Angel fish I had did the same thing: they cleaned a surface, laid the eggs and then either ate them or didn't manage to help them hatch (they should clean "bad eggs" away so they don't contaminate the others and keep other fish away etc etc). This happened a few times before they finally managed to get live offspring. And I think Lacey is still too young (and I'm now unsure whether it's a male or a female).
(Oct-02-2010, 05:18 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]they are unfamiliar with the main artist, but for all they know, some here might know of that artist.

Wikipedia link
I remember the 'Show me love' song from the nineties. Only song I know of Robyn though.
(Sep-18-2010, 12:10 PM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: [ -> ]In other news, it turns out that Patience (the fish) is after all a female. She's been laying eggs for about an hour today. Lacey follows her and eats them all. I thought they were both males, but am not so sure anymore.

Glad to hear you're better, Mervi Smiling !

This question may have already been asked somewhere but could Patience simply be a protoandrous hermaphrodite like a barramundi (all or most barramundi begin as males but then after a certain age/stage become female, as far as I'm aware)? *looking around for maulkin to dispute this claim!* (and how very unAustralian of me if it proves to be incorrect!)
Ah, I've just read 'Angel' fish (missed that the first time!) so my logic for barramundi doesn't apply...ignore me Blushing !
There's so much happening in my world but the thing that sticks out most involves one of my teenage sons, who has recently obtained his Learner's Permit for driving (the eldest has already progressed to being able to drive by himself Proud). The worst part is not that I fear for my life during the instruction process with this second son of mine (though I do!), but that I must sit in the seat where he has just sat (and sweated!) after he has finished a driving stint. Having to be even in the same space with him is hard enough some days eg post gym or sport sessions especially, but now I must carry his smelly presence with me everywhere, on my person? Come on, that's not in the Parent Handbook!
Hehehe just take a towel and VERY OBTRUSIVELY wipe down the seat after he gets out ... P
That's what I used to do at the gym Dodgy

Happening in my world: Got my hair cut really short, well not REALLY short like join the army type short, but a LOT got cut off...... so much that the hairdresser put it in a ponytail, cut if off and took it home to practise on!

Also happening, my precious fruit tree blossoms have been decimated by animal/s unknown!!!!!
(Aug-25-2010, 03:03 PM (UTC))NeverBeenWise Wrote: [ -> ]I just got back from helping my aunt with stuff for an art show, and tomorrow (!!!) I'm heading off to college.
Oooh, Nuytsia, a choir, yay! At my aunt's house I heard a song played on the radio that I had played in orchestra in my first year of high school. :') Brought back memories. Is it a big choir with lots of men in it?

Are you insinuating I join choirs to meet men? Uhhuh
hehehe Yay

Hmmm I am not sure if you would call it big or not, it seems medium to me! I think about 40 people???
I would say about 1/3 are men......
(Oct-13-2010, 04:39 PM (UTC))Nuytsia Wrote: [ -> ]Hehehe just take a towel and VERY OBTRUSIVELY wipe down the seat after he gets out ... P

That would be great, Nuytsia, except that we have woollen seat covers (WHY, I have no idea, especially in our climate...blame my hubby for that one!!) and fabric-covered seats beneath those!! Maybe a sheet of plastic or something similar could help though...hmm...I'm sure he'd love me "VERY OBTRUSIVELY" adding and removing it each time we changed places, especially in front of his mates Big Grin !

I know the feeling when your hard work is decimated by animals! Rabbits, grasshoppers...it's a full-time job keeping them away or fixing up/beginning again once the destruction has taken place. All a bit disheartening at times! *thinks of strawberries*

A nice, short haircut, just in time for summer (or a bit of snow in October!)...great!

How's college going, NeverBeenWise?
It's snowing! Smiling Yesterday it was more like sleet but today it's proper snow. Smiling I know real winter won't probably start for a month or two yet but YAY!