thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: What's happening in your world?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All 'thul said to him to convince him was this quote:
Quote:To the wolf I asked, How do the horses look?

Delicious.
Great quote too...and I know for certain that that one definitely comes from N'eyes along the SR in AQ! P
Indeed it is.

(Jan-28-2011, 11:50 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]and I know for certain that that one definitely comes from N'eyes along the SR in AQ! P

Which is why neither 'thul nor 'thul posted it in the quote game...

It would seem like it is not likely that these beings will be able to read "words like coins" anytime soon. None of the libraries here have it in their databases.
(Jan-28-2011, 11:52 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]It would seem like it is not likely that these beings will be able to read "words like coins" anytime soon. None of the libraries here have it in their databases.

Down I feel for you 'thul beings, and all who haven't yet been able to access WLC!

As for me and what's happening in my world...among other things I have been away the last few days taking my son to boarding school for the commencement of his school year. This is his first year of boarding at that school and I would be lying if I said I wasn't more than a little worried about him, with he and his school sitting currently within the proposed path of Severe Tropical Cyclone Yasi (now upgraded to a category five) Uhhuh ! I have just finished talking to him and that was to be his last phone call for some time as they expect to be powerless once the cyclone makes landfall.

I also am within its range but live inland enough that it should hopefully have gone down to a category two or even one by the time it reaches me but it will still mean plenty of rain and wind for me here, and no doubt quite a bit more for my son! I wanted to bring him right back home but, as school captain, he thought it his duty to stay with the troops and help where needed with preparing the school and its boarding students.

Terrific parent I am, within the last month I have dropped one son amidst record flooding and the other in the path of the largest storm system on record to hit Australia!
Hopefully not too many people die from it... (and not too much damage to various properties)

These beings do not doubt that your son will survive. Boarding schools have an easier time preparing than private homes have.
Hello all! I've been away for the last month and a half on a lovely trip to Sweden, Poland and the UK. I spent most of my time visiting relatives, and never really had easy access to a computer (I guess I'm just not an internet cafe person). My first day back was 38 degrees Celsius! - quite a shock after the cool winter temperatures I was getting in Europe!

Farseer, I just wanted to wish you and you children and family luck during the oncoming cyclone. I've been watching the news and it looks really scary. Poor Queenslanders, as if they haven't had enough grief with the floods! At least they knew the cyclone was coming ahead of time and people have had time to prepare. I'll be thinking of you.
how far north did you go?
In Sweden? Not very far north at all. I spent almost all of my time in Stockholm. The northernmost place I visited was a pretty little town called Sigtuna, about half way between Stockholm and Uppsala. So no northern lights for me. Maybe next time...
ok. You'd have to go pretty far north for the aurora borealis...
(Feb-02-2011, 09:20 AM (UTC))Atthis Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all! I've been away for the last month and a half on a lovely trip to Sweden, Poland and the UK.

Great to have you back with us, Atthis, and what an amazing adventure you must have had - WOW!!!! I can hardly believe I formally gave up my trip to Europe at the start of the week, and reading posts like this will forever cement the regret that has come in its wake!!

Were you there for work or fun, or both? I, too, must admit to a bit of an internet cafe aversion...

(Feb-02-2011, 09:20 AM (UTC))Atthis Wrote: [ -> ]Farseer, I just wanted to wish you and you children and family luck during the oncoming cyclone. I'll be thinking of you.

Oh, thank you! Slurp I am happy to report that the 'thul beings were correct with their prediction, Thankful and then some...so far there has been no reported loss of life, my son survived (actually, he went so far as to say, "It was AWESOME!" P ) , and the rest of us did also. The cyclone was down to a category two when it passed us. While we usually have to deal with strong winds here on the Downs country, it was still all rather intimidating from around 10am to 6pm this evening. For a while there, the house shook so much that I wondered if I might have to change my name to Dorothy and begin seeking a pair of red, sparkly shoes!