thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: What's happening in your world?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly, I had no idea there was a photogallery thread! I can't wait to go peruse, and perhaps add, my own pictures!

Secondly, I see some great garden pictures in post #44 but nothing in post #33. Ah well.. I'll scout the whole thread and see what I can find! P

Thirdly, Oh my gosh it does not sound boring at all. It sounds like healthy farm-raised living. You grow your own food, both meat, dairy AND veggies. I don't know anyone who eats like that anymore. I mean: no one. I wonder how you have time to read or browse the internet at ALL with what sounds like a ton of work to do there, jeeeez.

A couple of questions, if it's not too prying, because I don't understand some things (perhaps b/c of the different-part-of-the-world barrier and all):

1. When you say Jackeroos, what do you mean? Workers? Are those the men that live in the quarters, or do your family men live in the quarters? Lol sorry that was confusing. Blushing

2. Why did your older sons have to attend two separate schools? In America, all children pretty much go to whatever school they're zoned for (based on where they live - like districts), unless their parents want to send them to a more-special school that focuses on art/dance/music or science/math, etc.

3. Can I come spend a week vacationing in your house? Hahah P I'll do chores!!
Goodness me! That sounds like a very busy life you have there, Farseer! At the same time though it sounds great...self-sufficiency and all that. If you don't mind me asking, were you yourself brought up on a station? (Feel free to tell me to mind my own business if you do mind!) I only ask because, as a townie, I couldn't imagine living so far from town/city. Though maybe I'd surprise myself and find it a blessed relief from the hustle and bustle and the daily go to work, come home from work, go to bed grind!

P.S. I'll do chores too! Big Grin
These beings have just finished repairing their bedstand for laptop computers. It is essentially a wooden frame that keeps the laptop lifted about 25cm above the bed when in use. This in turn makes sure that the computer neither overheats nor weighs heavily on the lower chest when used while laying in bed, as the framework shifts the weight over to the bed.
It was originally glued together, but recent work on it broke that apart, so now it is lashed on tightly, then covered in cloth. Next step is to (using rope) weave a platform so that the computer can more easily be placed on it.
Sounds like a good idea and, although I think you've probably solved this little problem, I'm going to ask anyway; does it not wobble about on the mattress when one is tapping away on the keyboard? This laptop does a fair bit of wobbling on the arm of the sofa.
actually, no, not much wobbling. Rather long supports.
Hard to describe, so here's a picture:
[Image: th_IMG_2153.jpg]

The long and thin bits of wood are of European Ash, and are highly flexible.

oh, and no mentions of the thinly worn sheeting on the bed! Its still in one piece!
*growls and flexes venom sacs*
An interesting contraption and if it works, all well and good. I didn't even notice the worn sheet until you mentioned it so you'd perhaps be as well to conserve your venom for when it's needed P
Agreed. Venom and sheets are a bad combination. There's a reason its so worn...
I'm not sure I want to know! Blink
Just popping in here to say that I have not forgotten about coming back here to answer questions! Smiling I'll be back... Flowers

@ 'thul: A nice bit of ropework you beings have accomplished there.
Thanks. Its not the most complex one, but it works. A simple series of lines going crosswise, then the remainder woven throughout it.