thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: What's happening in your world?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The heat is the lesser problem. That keeps to itself. The noise, particularly if forge is indoors and in a smallish room, rather more problematic. Large hammers on hot metal (or cold metal for that matter) tend to make quite a lot of noise when combined.
Too hot, too noisy..I'll leave it. Where's the nearest armoury?
*Lands in front of fool-ish*

*uses glamor to make fool-ish think that the root cellar is an armory*

*flies off, laughing*
Blink The absolute cheek of it! And that would be glamour!
Not in the english form 'thul use.
If you say so, dear Undecided Fanfiction? What's fanfiction gotta do with anythin'?

Just had one of those crazy days where nothing goes right...tripped over the cat first thing, got myself walloped at work, stubbed the same toe no less than three times (bloody sore now!) and the numpty in the supermarket sold me the wrong pie! Mad Roll on tomorrow! Surrender
I've got me a bookcase! My dad built it for me from the stuff they throw away Blink at his workplace. It's fab! The top shelf is stuffed full of books by an author we all might have come across, once or twice or thrice...

Looking at it, some of my books are in a shameful condition. But then, I think that shows they are well loved and well read, so it's fine. Big Grin
Books are meant to be read. one of the fairly few reasons to replace a book, beyond say water damage, is if it is literally falling apart, with pages falling out and all that.
I've got a few of them stashed away somewhere! Pages missing, spines missing, taped up...wrecked in other words! Blushing
(Feb-26-2012, 10:11 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at it, some of my books are in a shameful condition. But then, I think that shows they are well loved and well read, so it's fine. Big Grin

Off for a week at a school function but I will get pics of mine when I get back. They look like I've fished them out of someone's bin and I bought them all new. I was in the bath the other night having a flick through something and the last third of the book fell into the water. My copy of SoM is being held together by a rubber band (which makes my re-read painfully slow...trying to find the pages and read them individually!).

I had to just mail my dad my (as yet unread) hardback Voyager Anniversary Edition of AA because my original is unreadable...unless you are an addict such as I and are willing to dig through to find the text! Big Grin

@ fool-ish: You'll have to take a pic and put it in the "Show us your bookshelves (or bookcase?) thread". P