thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: Favourite Comedy Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Anvils, TNT and complex traps... Always fun...
My dad and I have been watching a lot of Friends recently thanks to the magic of DVD box sets. Like I've said earlier, I hadn't seen much of it before now, so I'm really enjoying myself.
Hey it may be a spambot but at least made a post in this sleeping thread!
Geees Newsradio that's a blast from the past ....... not a particularly great show either....
Posts like the above are at least somewhat convincing, because the lack of contradictions like "The movie was very good I didn't like it".

You know what's so great about DVD? Being able to watch three episodes of Friends in a row - for weeks on end!
Heheh love prolific shows.... its like Star Trek you can now watch eps for days if you so choose!
Although generally I don't choose..... it was like when they brought out those Futurama long movie/combined episodes format... when we got the latest one my boyfriend would watch the whole thing in one hit but it seemed wrong to me! I like watching in half hour bits... or at least an hour at most ....otherwise it all kind of blends together and I lose concentration ....
Monty Python's Flying Circus and I Love Lucy? Anybody? Anybody?
I liked life of brian ....
I know what you mean about the DVDs, AR...a few summers ago, our family sat down and watched three seasons of Alias for however many days (and nights!) straight...it was exhausting but a TONNE of fun!!

Sorry, NeverBeenWise, but I'm not with you Smiling !

I've said it before but must say it again, 'The Big Bang Theory' is a favourite of mine...it is SO FUNNY! It's the geek in me, I guess, but Sheldon just cracks me up!!! I laugh so much I'm not sure I'd have the energy to watch more than a couple of episodes of that at a time P !
My favourite among the Monty Python stuff is the Meaning of Life. I know everyone loves Life of Brian, but I thought it was a bit too... serious?
I liked the Meaning of Life a lot when I first saw it ....... I like Death and at the time I liked Mr Creosote but I must admit that the latter probably reflects how young I was at the time .....
My boyfriend really likes monty python and so i'm subjected to a lot of re-viewings of the dvd's and even audio cd's of their stuff ..... life of brian has just stood the test of overexposure better than the rest to me !
Pages: 1 2 3 4