thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: What where they talking about? "Keppet" [HUGE SPOILER FOR ALL THE ROTE BOOKS]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So first post and first thread. Might have been talked about.
Just started a re read of AA. After reading hobbs entire collection of books in the elderling world. So, here is my question. Fedwren sends Fitz to the market to get some supplies and while there he buy some nuts from a vender on a blanket. The vender sitting next to the one hes buying from is staring at him and is saying "keppet" over and over then the venders start arguing and wrestling I believe. They were mountain people. What is going on? Something to do with fitz mom? It jumped out at me and I didn't catch it the first time reading. Please enlighten me. Also would like to say I LOVE this series.
anybody?
Fitz is Keppet -it's the name his mother from the Mountain kingdom's gave him, but Fitz does not remember, or has blocked it out of his mind. I believe the woman shouting Keppet at him is his mother & she is held back by her mother (if I remember correctly)
Hi Kalo - indeed it is later (I believe in Fool's Fate?) revealed that Keppet is the name Fitz's mother gave him. I hope you don't mind that I've added a spoiler warning to the header, I know this is only a tiny nugget of information about Fitz's identity, but I know a lot of people have enjoyed piecing the answer together themselves.
I must have missed the reference in fools fate. And thanks for putting the spoiler tag up im new. And personally I like fitzchivalry over keppet.
(Mar-11-2015, 10:21 PM (UTC))Kalo Wrote: [ -> ]I must have missed the reference in fools fate. And thanks for putting the spoiler tag up im new. And personally I like fitzchivalry over keppet.

Apparently Fitz and you feel the same. He never refers to himself as Keppet. Even though we see in the latest book that he does have more of his memory of his mother and her calling after him, I think those memories still cause him great pain because he wonders why she did not love him enough to keep him.