thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: Fool's Quest **spoilers***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(Sep-28-2015, 11:32 AM (UTC))destiny477 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep-24-2015, 11:35 PM (UTC))Snapdragon Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know which dragon the blood the fool drank came from? Someone said it was one they long thought dead? Maybe I missed it but I have no idea who it is? Could it be one of the dragons that hatched and did not survive?

Not sure which dragon but it IS dead. Chade has said that the dragon the blood came from was dead.

In the rain wild series the dragons that hatched and made it to kelsingra had helpers, and hunters to get them meat. A few people on the trip had agreements that for dragon items, scales, blood, feathers, etc they could be made rich. One dragon was punctured and blood put in vials, it made the person who drank it into an elderling. I think ultimately that dragon died? Its been a while since i read that, but it would make sense if somehow chade procured a vial from that. other than that instance, i can't think of any other dragon blood he could've got.

As for the skill healings... Thick could heal people pretty easily too unless they were sealed to the skill. The way the skill healings are affecting fitz is alarming, but i think its because the fool and he mingled and the magic isn't entirely known. The healings at the end of FQ scare me too.

As to the skill pillars and some oddities about losing time and babies - you have to have a strong sense of self to be able to hold against the skill current. A note about messengers who use the pillars was that vanity was a good trait even. Chade used them often, and he was vain - he had removed his scarring and was a ladies man at court. but unconscious or unborn i would imagine would be lost in the skill easily. Fitz has been having a hard time using the pillars - i think he is having some identity crisis now since he's been recognized as a prince.
(Sep-24-2015, 11:35 PM (UTC))Snapdragon Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know which dragon the blood the fool drank came from? Someone said it was one they long thought dead? Maybe I missed it but I have no idea who it is? Could it be one of the dragons that hatched and did not survive?

Not sure which dragon but it IS dead. Chade has said that the dragon the blood came from was dead.
A big dragon called Gresok made an attempt at an escape when the deformed dragons were still at casserick, after tingtaglia had left them. He was killed by humans, I think it is said that he was killed for harvesting purposes. The dragons were outraged by his death and some of the bigger ones went followed him in order to eat him... And they also ate the offending humans. I think gresok was far enough away for them only to be aware of his dying thoughts, not to see/hear his death. So I'm guessing someone would have had time to get blood and leave before becoming dragon food.

I think there was discussion about farseer origins. I assume Taker Farseer, who came from the Out islands, actually came from Aslevjal, as Prillkop says that's the last place Elderlings lived. Presumably he chose buckkeep as it had been known to the Elderlings, considering there is a skill pillar which goes to Aslevjal in buckkeep castle itself. So the pillar would have been in whatever structure the Elderlings had originally built there.

New question, do you think it was the Servants who helped the Abominations to capture and trap She Who Remembers. I can't imagine the abominations are particularly dexterous... And it would fit with the Servant's wishes to have a dragonless future.

Also, why are the Abominations so bad? Are they really so bad, or have we only been given a dragon's vain opinion of them? Considering the deformed dragons hated their less than perfect state, any deviation from their 'perfect' would be utterly contemptible to them. Especially such a massive deviation.
However, Elderlings, are the dragon's own creations, so they are bound to be proud of them...
(Feb-14-2016, 08:48 PM (UTC))Thick Wrote: [ -> ]

A big dragon called Gresok made an attempt at an escape when the deformed dragons were still at casserick, after tingtaglia had left them. He was killed by humans, I think it is said that he was killed for harvesting purposes. The dragons were outraged by his death and some of the bigger ones went followed him in order to eat him... And they also ate the offending humans. I think gresok was far enough away for them only to be aware of his dying thoughts, not to see/hear his death. So I'm guessing someone would have had time to get blood and leave before becoming dragon food.

I think there was discussion about farseer origins. I assume Taker Farseer, who came from the Out islands, actually came from Aslevjal, as Prillkop says that's the last place Elderlings lived. Presumably he chose buckkeep as it had been known to the Elderlings, considering there is a skill pillar which goes to Aslevjal in buckkeep castle itself. So the pillar would have been in whatever structure the Elderlings had originally built there.

New question, do you think it was the Servants who helped the Abominations to capture and trap She Who Remembers. I can't imagine the abominations are particularly dexterous... And it would fit with the Servant's wishes to have a dragonless future.

Also, why are the Abominations so bad? Are they really so bad, or have we only been given a dragon's vain opinion of them? Considering the deformed dragons hated their less than perfect state, any deviation from their 'perfect' would be utterly contemptible to them. Especially such a massive deviation.
However, Elderlings, are the dragon's own creations, so they are bound to be proud of them...

I agree wight he idea that the servants would have helped the abominations capture she who remembers. I think the Others Island is a place slightly out of sync with the rest of the world/time. I imagine it as a place linked to the Skill Pillars, time can be funny and the magic brings things to the shore and it is meant to stay there. I think the abominations are so bad because Dragons are PETTY and VAIN and EGOCENTRIC creatures.
(Sep-24-2015, 04:50 PM (UTC))destiny477 Wrote: [ -> ]I think that the Farseers are descended from silver workers and healers. They have also been using the skill and wit through the years. I think skill and wit where at one point the same magic or that skill was from the silver and wit a natural magic and the Farseers separated them. The use of skill through the years and the bloodline they carry give them much more natural ability. The current elderlings are descended from immigrants of Jamaillia, and thus do not have natural abilities that we see in the Six Duchies. Dragon-magic is simply Skill/Silver and the abilities that dragons and elderlings developed from it. It was established in the Rain Wild books that dragons would revert to a different sort of being without Silver.

Hi there! I used to be a member of this forum a long while back but haven't had time since. After recently re-reading all the books I felt like joining a discussion about them again.

I have this theory that a lot of people in that world have the talent for the Skill, but only the Six Duchies folk have ever recognised it as a magic that can be used and nurtured. I think that everyone who can hear the dragons has some measure of the ability to Skill in them, but they just don't recognise it as such.

That is another reason why I found the end of Fool's Quest so mind-blowing. Now that Fitz is there (and will hopefully recover enough to talk to people later on), will he notice these people could Skill if they wanted to? Will he point this out to them and share the jealously guarded Farseer knowledge?

Or will he cringe and doubt inside and not share what he knows like he does so infuriatingly frequently in his life?!!
Pages: 1 2