thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: Your Favorite Quote/Saying?...and dragon ramblings...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
the one you know is probably not quite as bad as the fellow the quote came from...

oh, and here's a different quote. Different character, different world, same author.
Quote:'Thanks all the same, but one chunk of mutton is my limit.'
'One chunk a day?'
'No. One a year.'
and yet another...
This time a knight speaking to a small girl of six or so with some magical abilities...
Quote:'You're playing with time again, aren't you?' he accused. 'Of course,' She said. 'You didn't buy me that kitten the way you promised you would, so I have to play with something.'
I was chatting about chooks with the Newsgroup this morning while my daughter was watching a TV show called 'Wakkaville'. A couple of gems that I overheard while typing away:

"I don't whinge...it's called creative exasperation."

"Some days you're the fly, some days you're the windscreen."

I think the latter may well become my favourite quote ever! P
(Mar-31-2012, 07:39 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]I was chatting about chooks with the Newsgroup this morning while my daughter was watching a TV show called 'Wakkaville'. A couple of gems that I overheard while typing away:

"I don't whinge...it's called creative exasperation."

"Some days you're the fly, some days you're the windscreen."

Clapping They're fab! I'm good at creative exasperation. Must try to remember these. Big Grin
"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind." - Anon

I have been ploughing many fields in my mind of late. *Do*, Farseer...don't just think of, and stress about, doing!
"There are two kinds of problems. Your problems and my problems. Please don't mix them up" (a colleague)
^ Clapping I am far too kind to ever say something like that to anyone (as much as I may think that I would like to), but I appreciate the sentiment! Big Grin
(Mar-31-2012, 07:39 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]"Some days you're the fly, some days you're the windscreen."

I'm guessing windscreen is the same as a windshield? The front pane of glass on a vehicle, yes?

Haha, I like this.

(Jun-02-2012, 11:34 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar-31-2012, 07:39 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]"Some days you're the fly, some days you're the windscreen."

I'm guessing windscreen is the same as a windshield? The front pane of glass on a vehicle, yes?

Haha, I like this.
Yep, windscreen/windshield, 'tis all the same Smiling

here's a quote that made these beings laugh when they came across it again... 'thul cut away names to make it less spoilerish for anyone that might read the book in question.

Quote:Instead of a sword, [character name] drew out a key and turned it in the locks, then carefully tugged on the door rings. The doors did not shift. He tugged harder, but to no avail. Another Weapon helped, but even their combined efforts failed to open the doors.
[character name] pivoted on his good leg, the lamps casting grim lines across his forehead. “Our way is blocked. We must consider the Heroes Portal.”
The other Weapons did not speak out in dismay, but [other character name] could tell from their heavy countenances they were displeased. It meant gathering horses, riding all the way down through the city, out of the city itself, and losing valuable time.
The white cat jumped down from the coffin rest and landed beside [other character name]’s feet. It rubbed against her leg, purring loudly. Then, with a stretch, it padded off in the direction they had come.

“Or, we could,” [character name] mused, “follow the cat.”

is it normal for elite soldiers, guardians of royalty to follow a cat?
Note: in those books, "Weapon" is a title of elite guards, essentially because they are virtually living weapons.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10