thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: The urge to create
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Oooh more creativity! Good luck to you too Chrischa!!! Clapping
You guys are so industrious!
I wish you good luck too, Chrischa. I never guessed that we had so many storytellers among us.

I still haven't received a reply to my story submission. I've been told that it can take a while and that one must NOT harrass publishers with pleas for replies. Still, it's difficult to wait. Meanwhile, I keep writing. I have the beginnings of a fantasy and a sf story in my files and a completed story that's a little closer to home, but I have feeling that something is still lacking from that one.

(Do note that short really does mean short in my case so far - I haven't really gone beyond a couple thousand words per story yet, but we all have to start somewhere, right?)
(Aug-12-2010, 05:54 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: [ -> ](Do note that short really does mean short in my case so far - I haven't really gone beyond a couple thousand words per story yet, but we all have to start somewhere, right?)

Absolutely! Keep going!!
Yeah I'd try and forget all about the one you submitted and just keep writing while you have the urge!

Err by forget about it, I don't mean give up on it, just .... don't wait around for it!

I have no inside knowledge but I'd imagine it could take them a very long time to actually get back to you no matter what the outcome.
I just wish they could have given me an estimate. The deadline is 1 september, so I'm not sure if I should expect an answer before then. If only I know how those editors actually work...

I'm working on a new tale, near-future sf and quite disturbing actually... By the time I hear back about my submitted story, I'll have a nice little collection.
Sounds good... Hope they turn out well...

These beings are one step closer to finishing that aforementioned trolley, but they need to get hold of a 3m long pole, either out of some decent wood, or out of lightweight metal before they can finish it... Not the easiest thing to do...
It's a pity you don't live near me..... I have lots of wood growing here!

Alberto well 1 September isn't far off ...... unless you're waiting for it I guess....
Ah well, patience!
This is one of 'thul's current projects...

It is a sort of facility built inside and below an mountain. They use it in a roleplay they are working on.
Now that's a very different sort of creation. Very nice.

Still haven't heard from that magazine. Still working on my near-future piece. I also wrote a very short, more lighthearted piece because my near-future tale is a bit gloomy and I needed a little distraction.

Dang, but I really want to hear back from the mag!
(Aug-19-2010, 01:58 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]This is one of 'thul's current projects...

It is a sort of facility built inside and below an mountain. They use it in a roleplay they are working on.
It reminds me a bit of Descent maps...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6