thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: Elderlings are Gorgeous! (RWC Spoilers)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this is going to sound a bit weird, but I think the Elderlings are some of the most exotic and attractive characters ever! I think that the subtle scaling and various colors is really cool, and the beautiful way it complements and enhances their features are simply amazing! At the end of Dragon Haven when each keeper was becoming an Elderling, but in a unique way, it only added to my attraction to them! I also found it cool that Elderlings were an art for Dragons, and each one tries to make theirs more beautiful than the others! Some match themselves while others do what would be most flattering for the individual person. What an awesome concept! I think it would be so cool to become an Elderling!

So in summary, I find the Elderlings beautiful, exotic and yes, very very attractive. Anyone agree or am I alone in my infatuation?
The concept does promote attraction, yes... The fact that Elderlings are semi-coldblooded and need sunlight/heat to thrive is a bit impractical, though...
(Aug-03-2010, 08:53 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]The fact that Elderlings are semi-coldblooded and need sunlight/heat to thrive is a bit impractical, though...
It would cut down on your grocery bill but increase your domestic fuel consumption if you wished to remain active during winter (personally, I think that I would move somewhere warmer or just hibernate).
It would appear that Kelsingra and the rain wilds are quite suitable places for elderlings... Temperature/climate wise, at least...
taloshield I must admit I never pictured the characters quite so vividly in my head as to make a judgement on how well their scaling complemented their features.
I will have to pay more attention on the re-read!!

It sounds like you are really good at picturing things in your head from what you are reading. I have to work at it a bit more.....
Picturing persons is usually a bit difficult. Picturing a complex 3D model of some structure or for that matter a semi-simple city, no problem...
(Aug-03-2010, 02:00 AM (UTC))taloshield Wrote: [ -> ]I know this is going to sound a bit weird, but I think the Elderlings are some of the most exotic and attractive characters ever! I think that the subtle scaling and various colors is really cool, and the beautiful way it complements and enhances their features are simply amazing! At the end of Dragon Haven when each keeper was becoming an Elderling, but in a unique way, it only added to my attraction to them! I also found it cool that Elderlings were an art for Dragons, and each one tries to make theirs more beautiful than the others! Some match themselves while others do what would be most flattering for the individual person. What an awesome concept! I think it would be so cool to become an Elderling!

So in summary, I find the Elderlings beautiful, exotic and yes, very very attractive. Anyone agree or am I alone in my infatuation?

I agree, I also think that they are beautiful, exotic and very attractive. I'm sure that's how they are described in the books, or that's how I interpreted it anyway. I get the feeling though, that humans who were good-looking before they became Elderlings (e.g. Malta, Reyn, Sedric, Thymara etc.), become exceptionally beautiful Elderlings, so that although all Elderlings are beautiful, there are still levels of beauty.....

I too would love to be an Elderling (though tending dragons is hard work!) Big Grin