thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: New covers for Reindeer People & Wolf's Brother
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
No, I know what those look like and can't see anything in my pic that is similar, though that's not to say that they're not there, out of shot.

I resorted to asking other Supernova-goers on Robin's site so hopefully someone, or even Robin herself, can tell us if they were available. Site is down for some reason this morning (so I may have broken it! Undecided P ).
Robin said she thinks only TRP/WB was available.

Has anyone managed to get a new copy of the Ki & Vandien books, Wizard of the Pigeons or Alien Earth from Amazon (not a third party seller at amazon!) during the last 3 years? I mean, with a copyright notice from 2009-2011? They STILL claim you can buy Alien Earth for example, but the publication date is in August 2009 which was the same for the Ki&Vandien books and we know for a certainty those were pushed back. There IS a 2002 edition of Wizard that IS still available in some shops, but I don't even see anyone else claiming they have a more recent/upcoming edition of it.
(Apr-06-2011, 09:20 AM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone managed to get a new copy of the Ki & Vandien books, Wizard of the Pigeons or Alien Earth from Amazon (not a third party seller at amazon!) during the last 3 years?
I have the following in pre-order:
Harpy's flight: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/00071...ss_product
The windsingers: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/00074...ss_product
The Limbreth gate: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/00074...ss_product
Luck of the wheels: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/00074...ss_product

All mention a publication date of end april 2011.

I've also renewed my order for Reindeer people and wolf's brother, let's hope it won't get cancelled again.
Wolf's brother arrived today.
One out of six?? Let's hope the rest will follow soon!
At least we know the Reindeer/Wolf reprints do actually exist...

edit:
Uh... just noticed amazon has changed the Ki&Vandien dates to April 2012
Down
Quote:Hello,

We regret to report that the release of the following item has been cancelled:

Megan Lindholm "Harpy's Flight"
Grrrrrrr.
Grrrr! Down

I hope they've just pushed it back to 2012.
I must admit that I am not overly enjoying the typos I'm coming across eg hatting for hating, Capian for Capiam (both versions of the name are in the same paragraph), beast for breast etc, etc... Undecided

My posts aren't perfect Whistling but I am rather picky about such things when they appear in a published work...they remind me that I am reading about what's happening and not actually 'experiencing' it...
(Apr-06-2011, 09:20 AM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: [ -> ]Robin said she thinks only TRP/WB was available.

Has anyone managed to get a new copy of the Ki & Vandien books, Wizard of the Pigeons or Alien Earth from Amazon (not a third party seller at amazon!) during the last 3 years? I mean, with a copyright notice from 2009-2011? They STILL claim you can buy Alien Earth for example, but the publication date is in August 2009 which was the same for the Ki&Vandien books and we know for a certainty those were pushed back. There IS a 2002 edition of Wizard that IS still available in some shops, but I don't even see anyone else claiming they have a more recent/upcoming edition of it.

There was an edition of Alien Earth released in 2009 and I do in fact own it. It is not available anymore (Or that's what I thought. It's available again!) and to be fair, it's a little shady.

When I saw that the book was available again, I immediatly ordered it. Turned out, it was print on demand. So when the package arrived at my doorstep, what I received was a book wearing the Grafton logo, which is a long-defunct imprint of HarperCollins. so it's basically a reprint of the grafton edition, which predates the Robin Hobb pen name, meaning the book doesn't proudly proclaim that Megan Lindholm also writes as Robin Hobb.

Interestingly, the Amazon UK link on Lindholm's official page links to this edition of the book, so apparently it is legit. still a bit odd.

Also, as I pointed out in another topic, there are new copies available of The Windsingers, Luck of the Wheels and Wizard of the Pigeons, but only a very limited number.
Pages: 1 2 3