thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
In the opinion of the beings known as 'thul, there is no way to 100% prove the gender of a certain white prophet without Robin Hobb releasing a statement about it, which is rather unlikely to happen. There is plenty of evidence towards both, so either is possible.

No problem about the slight wandering, Farseer...
(Mar-15-2011, 10:36 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar-15-2011, 05:42 AM (UTC))Paragon-Athena Wrote: [ -> ]You were not even close for "Please, may we begin again", sorry Wink

Down Oh, no! I thought I was really on to something with the Sedric and Thymara idea. I'm staying away from this thread for a couple of days, I think, while I work through my thoughts (rather than post back-to-back, confusing guesses! Big Grin )

Even though I solved this quote earlier (Amber and Paragon in SOM), it was still making me a little nuts as I was fairly certain a similar exchange had taken place between Sedric and Thymara...

I went searching (it took a while!) and found that Sedric had this to say to Thymara after he'd acknowledged that they'd "got off to a bad start". It's on page 391 of my UK edition of Dragon Keeper:

Quote:Can we begin again, please?

Wow, it was close! Big Grin

Re: 'thul, I agree, and RH herself has said that she doesn't even know Fool's gender as that is information 'he' has never shared with her, if he ever will. P This being said, any evidence we provide either way may never be confirmed or denied anyway...it's most likely all just useless, though fun, speculation! Joker
Still four quotes to solve...

12 Wrote:"Your face is bruised. And scratched.
14 Wrote:"For you have handed me the final piece of a puzzle."
16 Wrote:"I doubt she will be a willing student."
22 Wrote:"I do not play with dolls."

These beings do have a theory on #22...

Could it be related to Kennit and Etta, about 51% into ship of magic?
I think #14 is Chade talking to Fitz, but I can't for the life of me remember what the situation was except that it involves young Fitz reporting to him as usual.
Chade was not involved in #14.
It is true that when you take a step back from something, and then look back at it again later, that things become a little clearer...

12 Wrote:"Your face is bruised. And scratched.

This is Molly talking to Fitz, either in her room or his, at Buckkeep. He's just come back from being in a hustle with Forged ones...I'm thinking that he took a lot of injuries from that confrontation. That would place it in RA.

Okay, Fitz' fog has taken over my mind again...time to take another step back! Big Grin

14 Wrote:"For you have handed me the final piece of a puzzle."
16 Wrote:"I doubt she will be a willing student."
22 Wrote:"I do not play with dolls."

EDIT: Here's a relatively simple one from me, in the meantime...
25 Wrote:"Down here."

You have seen far enough to spot that one, Farseer.
'thul beings, you could possibly be on the right track... Tell me more.
perhaps that time in a certain whorehouse in that pirate town? Kennit speaking of etta, to the owner of that whorehouse...
Getting there... but he wasn't speaking of Etta precisely...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38