thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: Night or Day?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Different bird, different prey, different time of day.

I don't know about owls carrying off moose for breakfast, though I have seen videos of golden eagles flinging goats off mountainsides... maaaa.
(Feb-10-2011, 04:30 AM (UTC))redchild Wrote: [ -> ]It just sucks how much of society functions during the day.

And how much better would the peak hour traffic situation be if most of us weren't all forced to work/get educated during basically the same hours?
(Feb-14-2011, 05:14 AM (UTC))redchild Wrote: [ -> ]Different bird, different prey, different time of day.

I don't know about owls carrying off moose for breakfast, though I have seen videos of golden eagles flinging goats off mountainsides... maaaa.

well, there is that bird from arabian legends known as "Roc". It was known to carry off elephants... So why not have birds carrying off moose?

enyclopedia mythica Wrote:In Arabian legends, the Roc are gigantic birds, often referred to as 'the Great', and capable of carrying off elephants for food. They are found in various stories of 'The Thousand and One Nights', and are also mentioned to by Marco Polo on his travels. Their eggs, according to Sinbad the Sailor, could measure up to 50 paces in circumference.
(Feb-21-2011, 03:45 PM (UTC))Nuytsia Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb-10-2011, 04:30 AM (UTC))redchild Wrote: [ -> ]It just sucks how much of society functions during the day.

And how much better would the peak hour traffic situation be if most of us weren't all forced to work/get educated during basically the same hours?

Yes! Rant

(Feb-21-2011, 04:04 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb-14-2011, 05:14 AM (UTC))redchild Wrote: [ -> ]Different bird, different prey, different time of day.

well, there is that bird from arabian legends known as "Roc". It was known to carry off elephants... So why not have birds carrying off moose?

enyclopedia mythica Wrote:In Arabian legends, the Roc are gigantic birds, often referred to as 'the Great', and capable of carrying off elephants for food. They are found in various stories of 'The Thousand and One Nights', and are also mentioned to by Marco Polo on his travels. Their eggs, according to Sinbad the Sailor, could measure up to 50 paces in circumference.

How many omelettes can one make out of a Roc egg? Big Grin
One. One very big omelette...
Its so tied to the seasons for me. I live in England and love very early spring mornings and late early summer evenings where its still light until quite late. Listening to the birds or watching bats. Love it! Hate the cold dark winter mornings and on work days struggle to wake up. At weekends though, all year 'round I cant lie in, get up before anyone else and read and read. late morning on a snowy day is nice too. I'm often the last to sleep at night due to reading reading reading. Often want to snooze in the mid afternoon though and I think thats my sluggish time.Sleepy I guess I should live somewhere where siestas are the norm. Something about the times on this forum make it look as if I'm prowling around in the early hours. Nope I'm generally posting late evening.
Pages: 1 2