thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: Movie snapshot game...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Don't know what that's from. I don't like movies about sports, and especially not boxing, so I rarely watch those...

Here's a nice obscure screencap:

[Image: mlpfim-imagetab-mlp4-large-570x402.jpg]

Oh wait, no, that's way too obvious. Well then, here's a snapshot from a recent movie that I thought was, to quote my own critique of Keith Baker, "absolutely stupid":

[EDIT: Scratch that, check my next post for the file as an attachment.]

No peeking at the filename by the way. I'm trusting you guys to play this fair.
one of the important things when picking images is to make sure the filename is not revealing... Uploading it as attachment to the forum works well on that front...
Ah yes, thanks for the suggestion.
No problem. It is only fair to obscure such.

These beings still think it should be fairly easy to guess their earlier image.
I have no idea re the other shots but...

(Jun-11-2011, 05:34 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know what that's from. I don't like movies about sports, and especially not boxing, so I rarely watch those...

...I saw this movie a little less than twenty years ago and it is so much more than a movie...literally. Smiling
I don't like ballroom dancing, so when a girl in my student house asked me if I wanted to watch a movie about it, I looked at her and said 'You think I'm mad?'. She said I should watch it anyway, so I did. And I loved Strictly ballroom.

Moral of the story: even if you don't like the subject of a movie, you can still enjoy it.

Quote:These beings still think it should be fairly easy to guess their earlier image.

It's only easy if you've seen the movie. I haven't so I haven't got a clue what it is.

Farseer, is yours from Ali? That's the only boxing movie I've ever seen. Only other I know of is Raging bull.
(Jun-12-2011, 07:49 AM (UTC))joost Wrote: [ -> ]Farseer, is yours from Ali? That's the only boxing movie I've ever seen. Only other I know of is Raging bull.

No, joost, that's not the one...but a terrific guess I must say! Different continent though and, despite it being a major component of the storyline, the underlying theme is not so much about boxing. EDIT: Thinking on this, the same could be said of 'Ali'.

Some here may not have 'seen the scene' but they may have read about it Book (or maybe not!).

For a moment there I thought that the two boxing gloves plus a background element were one object, leading to the strange mental image of a huge stuck-up middle finger. (See attachment)
(Jun-12-2011, 08:22 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]Some here may not have 'seen the scene' but they may have read about it Book (or maybe not!).
Fight club? I've seen only the first half hour of that movie, and I was bored to death.
No, not 'Fight Club' either Smiling , which I have never seen.

Hint: There is a novel, written by a naturalised Australian, that shares the same name as this movie and, as always, a far superior story is to be found within the pages of the book when compared to that which is shown on the screen.

The novel is followed by a sequel novel (the ending for which contains something that I envisage could happen to one of my favourite RotE characters!) however this follow-up novel is never made into a sequel movie.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12