thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: Caption contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
While I like the movie screencap game, I find it to be very difficult, so to let off some steam, I suggest doing a little caption contest. You know how it goes, but just in case: I'll post a picture, you come up with witty captions. (Multiple captions per person are allowed.) After five persons have replied or five days have passed, whichever comes first, a winner is announced, who posts the next picture.

First up is an amusing moment from the Flemish cartoon "Kabouter Wesley". (See attachment.)
'Witty' is an adjective that could never be linked to me (so I am assured of receiving the wooden spoon in this game! P ) but what a FANTASTIC idea, AR...and a perfect pic to get everything started!
I try to check the moderation queue every time I come on here but the one time when there's something actually in the queue, I respond to the exciting, new thread and then realise a couple of hours later that it's one that needs moderating before the rest of you see it...I told you I only got this job because of time spent here, not my computer-savviness! Whistling Big Grin
You mean you can reply to a topic without "approving" it? I didn't know that was possible, but then again I don't know exactly how the process works.
(Jun-07-2011, 01:26 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: [ -> ]You mean you can reply to a topic without "approving" it?

Yes, it appears so! P I just saw it as I, or any one of us, would see any new topic on the main forum page and so duly responded...only to later realise that it was in the queue when I clicked into my Mod CP page (a link for me that appears next to the User CP page link which we all have). Still, I should have realised that your thread was part of the 'Everything else' section, so obviously would require moderating, but I suppose I just assumed that Mervi must have been on and approved it because I could respond. Smiling

Onto the caption. The angry aliens seem to be the most likely place to begin. Maybe their anger stems from this:

"This is a costume party? We thought it was a come-as-you-are!"

"Manos arriba!"

Ha. Ha. Illegal aliens-- get it?

Whistling
Redchild, you win.

(It took me shamefully long to get it, though... Blushing )
Cool

Next up!

[Image: 78NaC.jpg]
The cats' rendition of "The Swan Lake" needs just a little more coordination.
Option 1: Affaire d'amour? Affaire de coeur? Je ne sais quoi ... je vive en espoir.

Option 2: Has anyone seen my super glue?

Pages: 1 2 3