thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: Vale Sara Douglass & Other Authors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think you just may have motivated me to go looking for the book, Albertosaurus Rex, rather than wait to ever come across it.
(Nov-23-2012, 11:42 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]...The most powerful book I read as a young person was his 'Power of One'...and then I discovered the sequel 'Tandia' only a couple of years ago. It surpassed 'Power of One' and its ending will never leave me. In fact, I'd not be surprised if the RotE tale finished somewhat like it....Read both books, and tell me you didn't enjoy them, and I'll be surprised.
I never would have read the fantasy genre believing it a waste of time when I could be learning something from non-fiction. But some acquaintances strongly recommended George RR Martin and I got hooked. I detest boxing. However, I might read Power of One based on your recommendation. How much do you think your age at the time played a role in being impressed with Power of One? Another book recommendation I followed up on, Ender's Game, was loved by a lot of people. I feel it is a book that you have to read when very young to fully appreciate. I found it mediocre as an adult and I have been amazed at how many people think it is one of the greatest books. Usually those people read it when they were quite young.

(Mar-09-2013, 12:02 AM (UTC))o0Ampy0o Wrote: [ -> ]Another book recommendation I followed up on, Ender's Game, was loved by a lot of people. I feel it is a book that you have to read when very young to fully appreciate. I found it mediocre as an adult and I have been amazed at how many people think it is one of the greatest books. Usually those people read it when they were quite young.

I first read Ender's Game when I was around 25 and it's still one of the best pieces of Science Fiction I've ever read. Orson Scott Card is brilliant. Smiling

Did you know that Enders Game is finally being adapted to film (its set to be released around November)?

(Mar-09-2013, 08:03 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]Did you know that Enders Game is finally being adapted to film (its set to be released around November)?
I could admire a well-crafted film adaptation loosely based on a concept but a literal interpretation is sorely lacking unless there is enough coming from the major contributors (i.e. actors, directors, editors, etc.).

Asa Butterfield will have to be good.
Pages: 1 2