thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: The Winds of Winter (GRRM)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sure did...a week or two (?) ago now. I have copies of the three novellas here (The Hedge Knight etc) as well but I am yet to get to them. Smiling
(Jul-27-2012, 01:39 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]I have copies of the three novellas here (The Hedge Knight etc) as well but I am yet to get to them. Smiling

cool Smiling . Where did you buy them? Have they only been published seperately or are they included in book? *is overly exited*Blushing

(Sep-20-2012, 05:04 PM (UTC))Cara Vestrit Wrote: [ -> ]cool Smiling . Where did you buy them? Have they only been published seperately or are they included in book? *is overly exited*Blushing

The first novella, The Hedge Knight, is included in the Legends Anthology, which includes short stories from other authors as well.

The second novella, The Sworn Sword, is in the second version of the short story collections: Legends II.

And the last novella, The Mystery Knight, was published in the Warriors Anthology.

Of course you could find all three of them online for free if you look. Just like with everything these days. P

indeed, but we can't speak of such here, Valarya... the legality of many of those means is in a sort of gray zone... (charcoal gray, that is...)
(Sep-20-2012, 05:04 PM (UTC))Cara Vestrit Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul-27-2012, 01:39 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]I have copies of the three novellas here (The Hedge Knight etc) as well but I am yet to get to them. Smiling

cool Smiling . Where did you buy them? Have they only been published seperately or are they included in book? *is overly exited*Blushing
After GRRM publishes the fourth in the Dunk&Egg series, the novellas will be bundled in one volume. Until then, they're only available in the aforementioned anthologies.

I assume Farseer originally bought Legends II and Warriors not for the GRRM stories though Big Grin.
(Sep-20-2012, 06:55 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]indeed, but we can't speak of such here, Valarya... the legality of many of those means is in a sort of gray zone... (charcoal gray, that is...)
Blushing But in my defence, the books were terribly expensive at the time of looking.

Oh and that should surely be 'grey' WinkStirring
Right you are, joost. Wink

Cara Vestrit, I was late to Legends but was able to buy it cheaply from eBay. Having a look, there are currently some cheap copies available from eBay.com.au (the Australian eBay site) :

Legends EDIT: This doesn't list GRRM as an author but he's in the book, don't fear. Smiling EDIT OF THE EDIT: As per below, joost tells me that GRRM is, in fact, NOT in this version so beware! END EDIT OF EDIT

Legends II

And, not so cheap, but around the price that I paid for it as a hardback, Warriors.

If these are on the Aussie eBay site, likely they will be on the generic one?

ps Nice researching Valarya Clapping and nice moderating 'thul beings! Big Grin
Warning for Legends: This was originally released as hardcover, and later published in multiple volumes as paperback. If you buy the paperback, be sure to buy the right one! (although it won't hurt to get all volumes, there are some very good stories in there).

The 'Legends' copy that Farseer linked to in the previous post doesn't contain the GRRM story for instance.
Oh! Ouch Blushing Whistling

Thanks joost!!! Slurp

I might head back and edit my link with a warning (I'd delete it but maybe it could be handy to leave it there)...
Pages: 1 2