thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: City of dragons (spoilers)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(Feb-13-2012, 03:56 PM (UTC))Gielske Wrote: [ -> ]I usually wait for the paperback, but thought to get the audiobook on itunes. Does anyone know if and when that will be available???

Gielske, I am only just now downloading iTunes onto a new computer (1hr and 44mins remaining) so am not sure what format it's in but I assume that it's only text at this stage, rather than audio. Here's a link to it in iTunes so, if you find out that it is also available on audio, can you come back and let us know please?

I have a feeling that the book in iTunes can still only be downloaded by those who would normally have had the US version available by now eg it can't be downloaded by an Australian! Down

I was going to order via tBD but think I am going to wait to see what's happening with this UK paperback they seem to be making available later this month. As I said before, the date is a little wierd...in that they're saying that the pb will be out soon but the hb won't be out until the formal UK release date in April. I think they've messed up somewhere but I'm still hoping...
There are always means of making the internet think you're not where you are... but that can be fairly complex...

The biggest problem 'thul have with audio books is that they take far longer to finish than papery (and digital text) books. It cannot easily be taken in at the same speed.
(Feb-14-2012, 05:37 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb-13-2012, 05:10 PM (UTC))Brashen Wrote: [ -> ]Those anyone know where CoD will be published with the cover in the style of this edition of the first two book:
book one
book two

I found this Picture in a blog: book three but I don't know where it will be published. Crying
Does anyone know?

Brashen, there will be no copy of City of Dragons or Blood of Dragons using covers to match those already released for the US versions of DK and DH. I know that this will disappoint you, especially if you had planned to collect them.

While the cover you have linked for City of Dragons was originally meant to be the US cover for the book (and thus was featured as the future cover for CoD on the Pat's Fantasy Hotlist site), it was later decided by publishers that both the US and UK covers would feature the Jackie Morris artwork that had been used for the UK versions of all Hobb books. So, both the UK and US covers for CoD and BoD will feature the same artwork but will have subtle differences eg the background colour, font etc...

I hope this helps. Flowers

No, it doesn't... it makes me sad Crying
I mean, yes, you helped Smiling but it's sad they will not publish it with the graphic-arts cover series. I liked it pretty much... but... maybe my two books will then in several years be worth a lot of money Clapping
I sympathise...I felt the same way when the covers for the Ranger's Apprentice series were changed partway through, and I'd feel the same way if my UK covers for RWC had been changed mid-way through to the US ones. Grouphug

(Feb-14-2012, 08:03 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]I have a feeling that the book in iTunes can still only be downloaded by those who would normally have had the US version available by now eg it can't be downloaded by an Australian! Down

Yes, iTunes finally finished downloading and only the UK version is available for me (out on April 23rd). So, I await The Book Depository.

These beings have one non-spoilerish note about the CoD cover... The colors on it are far brighter in reality than on the online images.

oh, and a guessy question for you... what color(s) do you think the cover of the book is (not the paper overlay with the cover art, but the actual hardcover inside that. The outside of it.)
(Feb-14-2012, 12:37 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]oh, and a guessy question for you... what color(s) do you think the cover of the book is (not the paper overlay with the cover art, but the actual hardcover inside that. The outside of it.)

Yellow with a blut part like the other ones?
blut part?
(Feb-14-2012, 12:51 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]blut part?

Uh, that's tough to describe... I don't know the English word... but I mean the part of the book that you can see when you place your book in a shelf. Or like in a library, one only ever sees the backs of the books. But I don't know if it is called "back" because I think the back is the "last page", the last part of the book, the part you turn when you close the book... uh... it's hard to describe... do you know what I mean? Maybe it's called spine?
Spine is correct Big Grin
Ah Smiling So that's what I mean. The spine and a little bit more should be blue. Otherwise they changed the design completely
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11