thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Just realised I didn't even ask the question that I came here yesterday to ask...! Blink

Joost, did you receive an email notification from SP prior to their shipping the book to you? I still haven't received anything from them and have been checking emails whenever I can. Lots of other updates from them but nothing re TWPatPP. Down

Just inserting the little rant guy as I haven't used him in a while and he's the best emoticon on the net! Big Grin

Rant

EDIT: Just read this in my Inbox:

Quote:Robin Hobb-The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince Goes to a Second Printing

The Willful Princess and the Piebald Princes

Robin Hobb's long, 37,000 word novella, The Princess and the Piebald Prince has just received another strong review, this time from Library Journal:

"Set in the same world as Hobb's Farseer novels, this compact novella provides a glimpse into the distant past of her popular universe and is a good choice for author fans or series followers"

With the number of backorders we have, this is enough to push the book into a second printing. If scoring a first printing is important to you, please order soon. They're going to be scarce on the ground before long. If you need a nudge before ordering, Tor.com has just posted an excerpt.

Trade (first printing): Fully cloth bound hardcover edition: $35

No time (eg for censoring out underwear references P ) so just copying and pasting this as I posted it in the Newsgroup just now:

Quote:This in my Inbox from SP:

"We just finished shipping Robin Hobb's long novella, The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince, so if you ordered a copy, you shouldn't have long to wait."

Heartening news!

In case my SE copy doesn't find me, I just now ordered another trade copy...even *with* the foreign exchange rate and expensive shipping. I have to have this novella and can continue to put up with worn, ill-fitting and holey underwear as 'sacrifice'! P
(Feb-22-2013, 02:24 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]Just realised I didn't even ask the question that I came here yesterday to ask...! Blink

Joost, did you receive an email notification from SP prior to their shipping the book to you?
No, when I came home I found a big envelope with my name on it. I didn't know what it was until I opened the envelope and squeaked a little bit.
Congratulations Joost. It does look very nice.

Amazon UK is currently also listing a hardcover edition from Voyager Books. Interestingly, it is losted as containing 336 pages, compared to SP's 184. I wonder if that has to with production values like font size, or if the Voyager edition contains a few extra stories. (I'm just guessing here, of course, and I have nothing else to go on than the number of pages. But there are a number of stories that haven't been collected yet...)
The copies have definitely started to arrive - at least in Finland. Wink Can't wait to get to read it, this will give me something to look forward to when I return next month.
I like the cover art. It is a really good one. I hope I will have my paws on a copy soon Wub
(Dec-01-2012, 03:26 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]Is that what a piebald horse would look like? Or is it artist interpretation, to a large degree independent of facts?
The depicted horse seems to match that description.
These beings are not reading the spoiler, but it is fair enough.

It really doesn't spoil a thing, but some people are sensitive about reading direct quotes so I put it in a spoiler-tag.
Its the principle for 'thul.
(Mar-03-2013, 04:06 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: [ -> ]It really doesn't spoil a thing, but some people are sensitive about reading direct quotes so I put it in a spoiler-tag.

Thanks joost! Slurp

Guess what? My copy arrived in the mailbag just now! Clapping Yay Here's hoping I find some time in my very crammed school day to get stuck into it (an extended lunch period or should I just give my daughter the day off from here?!. Three hours of school so far is enough. Right?!) Big Grin .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9