thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: Sequels, adaptations, remakes, revivals, etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
new stories would either go into the future, covered by books and games, or the past, covered by the same, but not as fully.

these beings would also go see it, no matter what.

The past could be easier to cover, as there are many important stories not covered by books.
However, it will most likely start with covering events after episode six.
Does the world need more books about Fitz and the Fool? We already have an original trilogy, a new trilogy '15 years later', really, isn't that enough?

Whistling
*shakes joost's head thoroughly*

silly joost...
(Oct-31-2012, 01:20 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: [ -> ]...apparently George Lucas has sold Lucasfilm to Disney, which will now produce a new Star Wars trilogy. I know that the expanded universe has been going on for years and years, but still: does the world really need more Star Wars movies?

As someone on my facebook said yesterday:

"Oh no, someone might make 3 really shitty Star Wars movies! Oh wait.. George Lucas already did that." Ouch

IMO, Disney could do a better job at this point.

(Oct-31-2012, 01:53 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: [ -> ]If we get a new Star Wars film, I think I'll go see it no matter what. But it better be good. I'm not familiar with the expanded universe, but I suppose the events after the original trilogy will already have been covered by books?

Lucas has long said that he meant Star Wars to cover 9 films. He also has always said that he wanted the last 3 to be made after his time was over. This was inevitable, I'd say. Smiling

(Oct-31-2012, 03:11 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: [ -> ]Does the world need more books about Fitz and the Fool? We already have an original trilogy, a new trilogy '15 years later', really, isn't that enough?

Haha Clapping

<3

(Oct-31-2012, 03:11 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: [ -> ]Does the world need more books about Fitz and the Fool? We already have an original trilogy, a new trilogy '15 years later', really, isn't that enough?

Whistling
Words fail me!

Alright, alright. Strictly speaking, the world doesn't need Star Wars movies and books about Fitz and the Fool. They're entertainment.

I do have to admit being ambivalent about Hobb's oncoming return to Fitz and the Fool. It does have the potential to be amazing. But as much as I love these characters and the Realm of the Elderlings, part of me wants her to do something new. I know the Soldier Son trilogy wasn't very well received, but there's still tons of good stuff in there, and I found it a refreshing change, even if it is my least favorite of her works. (And the worst of Robin Hobb is still much, much better than the best of many other writers.)
(Nov-01-2012, 11:26 AM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: [ -> ]I do have to admit being ambivalent about Hobb's oncoming return to Fitz and the Fool.

Woah woooooaaaaah back up.

She's writing more Fitz and the Fool? What news did I miss!? Surrender

This...

Can any further discussion following this be placed behind spoiler tags (as we are in the Off-topic room here) or placed in the linked thread please? Smiling
Surely the existence of this work-in-progress doesn't count as a spoiler? We don't know anything about it yet. But I'll abide by the rules all the same, of course.

On-topic: what do you guys think about sequels by somebody other than the original writer? I recently read the first Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser omnibus (collecting the first four Swords books) and the second is one my to-read pile, but apparently there's an authorized novel sequel by a different author out there. I'm not sure what to think about that. We're talking about a loosely linked collection of short stories here, with little in the way of overarching storylines or intruiging unanswered questions.
(Nov-01-2012, 04:59 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: [ -> ]On-topic: what do you guys think about sequels by somebody other than the original writer?

I don't read them, but ask anyone who has/is reading the Wheel of Time series and they'll tell you Branden Sanderson's novels are way better than Robert Jordans. Then again, it's a weird circumstance where Sanderson was PICKED to write the subsequent novels after Jordan's death.

/shrug

Pages: 1 2 3