Old Paint is a near future sf/fantasy story by Megan Lindholm, described by her as "an homage to my old blue Chevy Celebrity wagon". It was first published in the July 2012 issue of Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine. An excerpt is available at http://www.asimovs.com/2012_07/exc_story2.shtml
- First published in Asimov's Science Fiction, July 2012 issue edited by Sheila Williams. Cover art by Tomislav Tikulin. Also available in an ebook edition May 2012 with ISSN 1065-2698.
- Reprinted in hardcover The Year's Best Science Fiction, Thirtieth Annual Collection in July 2013 from St. Martin's Griffin. Edited by Gardner Dozois, ISBN 9781250028051 and cover art by Michael Whelan. Also available as a trade paperback with ISBN 9781250029133.
- Reprinted in The Mammoth Book of Best New SF 26 in September 2013 from Robinson. Edited by Gardner Dozois, ISBN 9781472106018, UK trade paperback. Cover art by Joe Roberts.
- Reprinted in hardcover Year's Best SF 18 in December 2013 from Tor. Edited by David G. Hartwell, ISBN 9780765338150 and in trade paperback with ISBN 9780765338204.
- Reprinted in Clarkesworld Magazine Issue 112 in January 2016. Edited by Neil Clark, ISBN 9780692612279 with cover art by Julie Dillon.
- Free audiobook edition published in StarShipSofa episode no 363, narrated by Loulou Szal. http://www.starshipsofa.com/blog/2014/11/19/starshipsofa-no-363-megan-lindholm-robin-hobb/
- An Italian translation Vecchia vernice in Il futuro di vetro e altri racconti (a translation of Year's Best SF 18) from by Mondadori in February 2014 in paperback and as an ebook. Cover art by Franco Brambilla.